Friday, November 18, 2011

Tailgate Recipe #10: Pumpkin Bread in a Fan Pan!

Pumpkin bread is an essential during the month of November. I love pumpkin bread for breakfast, a sweet treat after lunch and then again in the evening. Nothing is wrong with that, right?

I have yet to come across a time that pumpkin bread doesn’t make sense in the month of November.

My sweet sisters-in-law recently gifted me this really neat silicon Razorback Fan Pan.



It was so easy to use and the Razorback came out really great!

I forgot to take a photo, but I filled the pan up about two inches from the top to give it a little space to bake.

Here it is right out of the oven:


Take it out and flip it over.




This particular mold didn't require the entire amount of batter I made. You can use the remaining batter in a traditional bread pan, or make mini loaves to share with friends and family!


Guess what? You can get your own Fan Pan here!

They have a pan for any of your favorite teams! Go get yourself one!


Pumpkin Bread Recipe:

I don’t need a frilly recipe for pumpkin bread. I like to stick to a classic recipe.

Here’s the recipe I use:


Ingredients:

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.

In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.

Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments: