Thursday, September 8, 2011

Week Two Tailgate Recipe: Spinach Artichoke Bundles

Last Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 in the morning. MD was running around the house like it was Christmas morning while waiting for a few of his friends to meet him at our home. After they loaded up with every tailgate necessity you could think of, we smooched goodbye and I told him I’d see him at noon. 



Between the hours of nine and noon, I sat in front of a few cookbooks begging to find something appetizing to bring to our tailgate party, took our pup to his Grandparents’ home to play for the day, ran to Walmart, then hustled back home to get myself and my appetizer ready for game day.


I kept going back to spinach dip. It’s easy and everyone loves it. But, I wanted to give it a different spin. 


I have found that the best foods to serve at parties where people are mingling are small bites and finger foods that people can easily eat without getting their entire face messy.

So, I decided to wrap my spinach artichoke dip in bite-sized croissants. They were very delicious and snacked up rather quickly.


Here they are!


Let’s get started:

Whip up the spinach artichoke dip recipe. I skimped a little on the cheese that I would normally add to a spinach artichoke dip that would be eaten with chips. I didn’t want these things exploding everywhere.

Take a can of crescent rolls and lay a few triangles out at a time.

Slice them in half.


Drop a generous amount of your dip on the wide part of the crescent roll. Pull the ends of the dough out a little to wrap around the dip. Then tuck and roll until it’s bundled into a nice and neat package.


Arrange all the bundles from one can on a lightly greased baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown.


Package nicely on a tray and securely wrap with plastic wrap.


Go Razorbacks!


WPS! 
Christi

What you'll need:
2 cans crescent rolls
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
3/4 to 1 cup fat-free sour cream

How to:
Mix the above ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.

Open one can of crescent rolls. Place two to three on a cutting board and cut in half. Drop a generous amount of your dip on the wide part of the crescent roll. Pull the ends of the dough out a little to wrap around the dip. Then tuck and roll until it’s bundled into a nice and neat package.

Arrange all the bundles from one can on a lightly greased baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown.


Makes 32 bundles. 

Devour.



6 comments:

lizrogers said...

Oh my gosh how cute!

Anonymous said...

Holy moly that is genius. Now i'm starving! This recipe is bookmarked in my tailgate folder and will be made soon. What a great idea Christi, and I love how easy it is to make.

Christi's Chirps said...

Hi, Liz! Thanks for visiting! They are cute AND delicious! Doubly awesome! :)

Hi, Ally! I'm so excited for you to give this recipe a try! You can always change up the ingredients a little to make them just the way you want!

E.Leigh's said...

These were absolutely delightful last weekend!

Ruth said...

They look great

Christi's Chirps said...

Hi, Erin! Thanks for dropping by! I am so glad you enjoyed these. As always, it was so great to see you. Come back up and visit soon! xo

Hi, Ruth! This is such a simple and delicious treat. Easy to eat while you're cheering on your team, which I see is Ole Miss! :) Good luck to your team this Saturday! Thank you for your visit!