Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cheddar Cheese Biscuits

I don’t know about you, but there are certain items from a restaurant or a grocery store that just don’t seem very possible to imitate in the kitchen. Things that come to mind for me are: a skinny caramel latte that is extra hot without foam, McDonald’s French fries or an Orange Julius. Mmm. Are you hungry yet?

Oh! Let’s not forget Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay biscuits. In fact, let’s start there first.


One of my sweet co-workers makes these often. They always look and smell so delicious, so I decided to try them out myself.

These little biscuits are so easy and taste as amazing as the biscuits they serve us at Red Lobster. Better, if you ask me!

Let me tell you two very important things:

1. Grate your own cheese. Always. But in this case, grate it with the wide cheese grater (as oppose to finely grated). This way your cheese won't get lost in the biscuit mix.

2. Add fresh (or dried) parsley. It adds a kick of flavor and makes them look pretty.


Let me tell you something else. It may look like I ate an entire basket of biscuits for dinner. Well. I sort of did. 

Try making these tonight and let me know how you do resisting these heavenly, cheesy, buttery, garlicky biscuits.


I bet you'll eat six, too.

Ingredients:
2 cups Bisquick biscuit mix
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
2/3 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
¼ cup fresh parsley

Butter mixture:
1/2 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon garlic salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.

In a mixing bowl, combine the Bisquick mix, cheese, milk, garlic powder and parsley. Mix until dough is sticky. Using a small scoop, place dough on the prepared pan.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.

Combine the melted butter and garlic salt. Brush over baked biscuits immediately upon removing from oven.

Serve warm and try not to eat five (okay, six) in one sitting.




Come back Friday to see what I'll be imitating next!

Cheers!
Christi


No comments: